Water Where We Live Events…
Wade in the Water:
Ways for Faith, Science & Story at Church
Join us for an online workshop dedicated to water/faith education…
Thursday, November 18th, 2021
Online with Zoom
This 2.5 hour online workshop and ecumenical worship is designed for our community to connect and gain faith/science resources specific to water quality. Our time together will be spent exploring water and faith education including…
* FREE eco-theology curriculum called ‘Wade in the Water’
* FUN enviroSTEM activities,
* FAITHFUL spiritual practices
* FRUITFUL water justice discussion
Register using this link. Prior to the event handouts and Zoom link will be sent to the name and email use to register.
Special thanks to partnering organizations: Capitol Region Watershed District, Growing Green Hearts, The Ministry Lab, and Luther Seminary.
ONGOING PARTNERSHIPS with Growing Green Hearts…
Intergenerational Tours and Programming by Growing Green Hearts at Blaine Wetland Sanctuary. Free environmental STEM curriculum, maps, and other Blaine Wetland Sanctuary resources can be found here. Learn more about the unique habitats, rare plants, and interconnected systems by checking out the blog.
Water builds community and Growing Green Hearts works with a variety of partners to do just that. Water partnership projects include natural playground design, water-focused teacher trainings, native plantings for shorelines, rain garden, water enviroSTEM workshops for leaders, and the curriculum Connect-the-Drops: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership curriculum by Heidi Ferris. Watershed partnerships include: Capitol Region Watershed District, Coon Creek Watershed District, Mississippi Watershed Management Organization, Rice Creek Watershed District, Vadnais Lake Area Watershed and more.
As an environmental STEM specialist and curriculum creator, Heidi Ferris leads students in hands on learning with the Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth. Programs is for elementary, middles school, and high school. Heidi has been teaching for MITY since 2015.
Since 2012, Growing Green Hearts has partnered with 40+ faith-based groups in exploring climate justice, water quality, land acknowledgement, sense-of-place, and student leadership. Learn more from stories here:
- Youth lead when Minneapolis Area Synod ELCA churches explore climate and energy with Connect-the-Dots: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership
- Water quality wins with intergenerational, interfaith Connect-the-Drops: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership in St. Paul
- Augsburg Youth Theology Institute youth connect their talents with justice, sacred places, and sustainability with Connect-the-Rocks: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership
Play while problem solving!
Growing Green Hearts offers…
- Outdoor Science Classes with Growing Green Hearts…specially designed for your COVID learning group. Heidi Ferris leads 60-90 minutes classes and hands-on enviroSTEM activities for your local park, school, or outdoor space. Questions? Contact here.
- Plants as Superheroes: Kids Leading with Seeds, Plants & Nature Play” is a 4-part package of site visits blending author visits, hands-on environmental STEM, and service learning catered to your site.
- Teacher Trainings with Growing Green Hearts are geared towards educators of elementary students and early learners, no matter what your science background. Growing Green Hearts has served 9 school districts and many private schools throughout Minnesota. Teacher trainings with Growing Green Hearts have received MN Center for Professional Development/Parent Aware approval.
- Site Visits and Events with Growing Green Hearts means hands-on fun, author talks, and nature adventures through environmental STEM learning. Connect kids with their local environment with site visits to classrooms, library programs, scout meetings, child care centers, and large group events.
- Curriculum Development with Growing Green Hearts brings interconnected land, air, water, and living things into the hands of the learner. Specializing in environmental STEM experiences, GGH creatively pulls together your site’s natural resources and needs with state and national standards.
- Natural Playground Coaching with GGH builds community and grows exciting science programs based on student interests, power of play, creativity, and the processes of environmental Science Technology Engineering and Math (eSTEM).
QUESTIONS? Contact Growing Green Hearts