In-School Field Trips Explore nature! Kids are the scientists as they play, learn, and love nature. Hands-on STEM activities empower kids in taking care of their planet’s soil, water, plants, air, energy resources, and land. Contact GGH for more information about how Growing Green Hearts works to meet the needs of your group. In-School Field Trip titles are:
- Seeds for the Seasons ™
- 5R’s of Plantable Paper-making™
- Minnesota Stories in the Rocks™
- Minnesota Water Wonderful™
- Energy and Me™
- Interstellar WaterQuest™
- For the Birds!™
- NEW! Plants as Superheroes: kids leading with seeds, plants & nature play™…. a 4-part series combining author visits and hands-on eSTEM!
Teacher Trainings Yeah for nature play! Whether you are new to STEM, eSTEM, ESTEAM, or looking for nature play made easy- Growing Green Hearts provides teacher trainings for educational conferences and schools. All workshops empower teachers with the tools to: coach science thinking processes, engage kids in fun science, construct environmental consciousness, build science literacy, and address climate change. Heidi holds a Master of Arts in Education: Natural Science & Environmental Education and is a content expert through the MCPD/Parent Aware. She holds a Minnesota teaching license in the areas of earth science, chemistry, and physics. She has been trained in best practices in science education by NASA, NOAA/AMS, and the National Science Teacher’s Association. Teacher training titles are:
- NEW! Growing Greenovation: Youth Leading with Environmental STEM™
- Science Inside Out™
- Building ESTEAM with STEM™
- Science Basics & STEM Strategies™
- Energize Kids About Climate™
- Our Natural Playground™
Workshops & Series Cheers to team challenges! Growing Green Hearts helps build science literacy, nurture nature, and challenge groups in using problem-solving to adapt and engineer for a changing climate. We’ll connect science systems to your daily life, explore green choices, and move to project planning your group can tackle.
- NEW! Plants as Superheroes: kids leading with seeds, plants & nature play™ 4-part series service learning relay for elementary schools
- GGH Energy Squad™ school challenge for young leaders
- Connect-the-Dots: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership™
- Connect-the-Drops: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership™
- Connect-the-Rocks: Faith, Science & YouthLeadership™
Natural Playgrounds Green coaching on site! Make science classes come alive at your school as plants reach taller, butterflies flutter by, play becomes more creative, kids become the scientists, and hearts grow greener. Let GGH lead the way by analyzing your site. We’ll strategize best ways to utilize: your space, kid power, grant opportunities and community resources.
Curriculum Writing Growing greener through play! GGH meets your needs and exceeds science standards. Elementary schools, non-profits groups, libraries, child care centers and preschools benefit long-term from this site-specific, environmental stewardship based service. Please contact GGH for more information.