7 Stories of Scientists, Green Role Models & Community Builders!
Just like heroes and heroines in our daily lives- some of the names on this list you’ll recognize, other names will ring a bell, and some of the characters we’ll never fully know. Whether you’re leading a classroom story time or bedtime, staff meeting or devotional- these books are fit for the young and old! The sweet messages blend science and nature with hopeful, heart-full global stories in ten minutes or less.
1. Farmer Will Allen and the Growing Table, Written by Jacquiline Briggs Martin, Illustrated by Eric-Shabazz Larkin
2. Mossy, By Jan Brett
3. Rocks In His Head, Written by Carol Otis Hurst, Illustrated By James Stevenson
4. Watcher: Jane Goodall’s Life with the Chimps, By Jeannette Winter
5. Mama Miti (Wangari Matthai and the Green Belt Movement), Written by Donna Jo Napoli, Illustrated by Kadir Nelson
6. The Lorax, By Dr. Seuss
7. Secret Place, By Eve Bunting, Illustrated by Ted Rand
Play. Learn. Love.